Thursday, April 13, 2006

Tonight was the night of study breaks - ice cream floats at 9 pm, and then my showing of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at 10 pm. Both were pretty well attended and fun. So, yay. And I have pretty drink umbrellas in my hair - they were left over from our luau, so we broke them out for the ice cream float party. My hair seems to attract umbrellas. Or at least my fellow RAs like to place them there.

Now, of course, I need to get work done. Boo work. I really just want to sleep, but I need to do this close reading for ToN at the very least. I'm clearly not going to get my paper done (again) for tomorrow... *sigh* I need something to hand in so I don't feel like a complete slacker.

I was a slacker earlier today, of course. The really strong need for sleep - as well as the desire to hate the world a little less - compelled me to not go to playwriting today. I just wasn't really in the mood to listen to people's stuff get criticized and everything. So I slept, then made my way to campus for the judging meeting of the Newton Book Collection contest. Yay library internship.

I also worked on cover letters. I need to get envelopes for sure, and maybe nicer paper. I'll buy that tomorrow and then mail things out on Friday, I guess. Which is pushing the deadline for one of them. At least it's the one I'm less interested in (I like the other theatre's shows more), but still... I really should have gotten this done a lot earlier. *hangs head guiltily* At least I've felt like a competent RA the past few days - having supplies people need (cups, scissors, color pencils), throwing study breaks, answering questions about housing, etc.

And now work.

No comments: