Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I leave for California tomorrow... I have not packed anything yet... Gah... But it doesn't matter. Because I am going to California, and I will see Claudia tomorrow. So it doesn't matter that I'm really tired or that I have an English paper due a few days after I get back... I just don't care. I have been looking forward to this trip, and I will enjoy it.

I've been listening to the Chicago soundtrack, and I have one major question: what's up with the "squish" in "Cell Block Tango"?
At the opening of the song, and in the background throughout the remainder of the song, the murderesses say "Pop... Six... Squish... Uh-uh... Cicero... Lipschitz"... All of them relate to the murders. Fine, I understand that. But the "squish" goes with a woman who stabbed her husband with a carving knife. Squish is not a stabbing sound word. How about jab, rip, or even poke? Squish just doesn't make sense to me... Anyone have any explanation for this?

Moving on. Imagine this scenario: Someone is standing next to you. All of the sudden, they inhale deeply, turn to you, and say, "*sniff* Wow, you smell really nice." Am I wrong in saying this is a somewhat unusual compliment? Most people get a "You look nice today" or "Nice outfit" or something like that. Time and again, I get "You smell nice." It just strikes me as odd.
*sniff* But I do suppose it's true.


No comments: