Monday, April 14, 2003

Oof. Track practice wasn't fun. It was a hard day, but I only ran some of the repeats. I just couldn't do it, for a variety of reasons. I haven't run since last Monday, so my legs were hurting... I'm sick, so I couldn't breathe very well at all... And a combination of me being dead tired and it being rather warm made me feel weak, like I was on the verge of blacking out. So yeah. I stopped running. I realize I'm a slacker and I should have just kept going and sucked up the pain and so on... But I didn't; I never do. For some reason I just don't see the point. I do that with other stuff, stuff I'm good at, like school - I'll stay up late to finish a paper, even if I'm exhausted. But I am well aware of the fact that I am not much of an assest to the track team, and what I do doesn't really matter. In a situation like that, it can be hard to motivate yourself to keep going when you feel like crap.

I want to write a bit about the Atlanta trip, but I don't think I'll do it now... I need to gather trash, do some homework, and get to bed at a decent hour. I lead such a thrilling life.

No comments: