Friday, May 16, 2003

I get the feeling that I'm on the verge of being overly analytical and perhaps a smidgen paranoid. Maybe somewhat defensive. Okay, maybe more than on the verge, more than perhaps, and more than somewhat. I don't know. It's all very odd. Emotion is taking reason, dragging it out back, and beating the shit out of it. It ain't pretty, folks.

The worst part? That I know I should just get over it and settle for what I was given (Given's not quite right... Offered? Recieved? Eh, none of that's right... What I have, the current situation, the unchangeable facts of reality....), but for some reason, I can't. It's just there, and its presence just makes everything magnified. Little things that would not bother me seem much bigger... And even as I acknowledge that I'm blowing things out of proportion, I continue to do it. So yeah. Reason is staggering away with a black eye and a bloodied nose, trying to muster all its strength to come out the victor... But I don't know what the outcome of the battle will be. Maybe something will come and break up the fight. That would be kinda of nice. I think my psyche needs security guards or bouncers or something like that. Some way to keep everything under control, make things run a bit more smoothly...

Okay. That was one odd extended metaphor/analogy/some such thing (My lit terms have fled my brain... Shoot)... I think I need some sleep.

No comments: