Saturday, December 27, 2003

Alright. Just finished playing poker with my dad and brothers. Two of my friends were in earlier, but they had to leave around 11:30... And we went on a whole 2 more hours. So, since we started around 9:30 pm and ended around 1:30 am... That makes for 4 straight hours of poker. I ended up putting in $8... And I made a $4.30 profit. My dad lost about $5. Bwahahahaha (No, that's not a hint of smug pride in that laugh, not at all...) Actually, I was down fairly early on, as was Ben... And my dad and Tim were up. But then the tables turned... Ben ended up $7 or so.

Anyway, it was fun. We played some different rules, including Black Maria. It's 7 card stud, except you split the pot between whoever has the best hand and whoever has the highest spade in their down cards... And, as an added twist, if the Queen of Spades shows up, then you all have to toss in another ante and redeal. It can lead to very large pots -- which is how I came back. We also played 7 card Sweat and Reveal. You get dealt 7 cards, bet, pass 3 to your neighbor, bet, pick your best 5, arrange them in whatever order you choose, then show them one at a time, with a round of betting after each set of cards revealed. Again, large pots. There were some other games too, but those were the 2 I liked the most.

Other than that... Hmm. Earlier today I ended up going out to eat with my mom and my "adopted" aunt and grandmother, plus their brother/son (not quite an adopted uncle yet). That was fun... Lot's of interesting stories and laughs.

The laughs continued this evening, when my brothers decided to break out one of my Christmas presents: Dance Dance Revolution. They had never played it, which leads to interesting sights of flailing and such as it is. Add the sight of my oldest brother, 6'4" and no sense of rhythm and well... Let's just say it was a sight to see. A very scary, yet humorous sight. I'll probably have nightmares about it.

That's assuming I go to bed... Which I should probably do. It's already past 2, and I need to get up and meet people for lunch tomorrow. Whee.

Goodnight, all!

No comments: