Wednesday, December 24, 2003

The holidays are here. All my shopping is done, my brothers are home, and my grandmother is on her way up tomorrow. Which means she'll be here in time for the Christmas Eve service. Which I will be attending (it's the one church service I actually enjoy, and I promised a friend I'd go... She's involved in the service)... But it's unclear if one of my brothers will be going.

I can understand his logic. Going to keep Grandma pacified is kind of silly, and it is patronizing to say that she wouldn't be able to handle it. But as my mom pointed out, it's also true. This woman is not in good shape. She's a devout Christian who doesn't have the best grip on things, and I can easily see how having one of her grandchildren be rather blunt about their lack of faith could upset her. I don't think anything has been decided yet... One semi-arguement has already occurred, and I can only imagine that it will get worse when my dad becomes involved. Having stubborn people go head to head in something like this is not a very pretty sight.

But it's a sight that will probably be common over the next few days... Because you can't have the two of them together for long without something erupting. This has been demonstrated time and again during family vacations and the like. So it's bound to happen, which will make life in the house quite jolly.

I just used the word jolly. Hmm. I do believe it's time for me to go to bed.

No comments: