Sunday, December 07, 2003

We went into Philly last night and ate dinner at an Afghan restaurant. I had a lamb and rice dish, and it was delicious, especially when paired with the mango juice. Mmm. Yummy. We played poker last night too, which was cool… I put in $5 and left with $10. Woohoo.

Just before midnight Claudia called, which was really cool. She wished me happy birthday, and then when I went back across the hall, everyone there sang to me as well, which was really nice (though slightly off-key). This morning my parents called, and while I was on the phone with them, I guess Heather called. I feel quite loved.

I was working on my history paper, trying really hard to be productive. My mind kept wandering though, which created a bit of a problem. One thing that my mind hit on a few times is this whole situation I’ve heard about involving a guy I know back home.

All I know is what I’ve managed to piece together from an email and some blog entries… Not enough to know what’s going on, only enough to have the words “overdose” and “rehab” going around in my head, without any idea of what else is going on. No idea if it was an accident or intentional, no clue what drug, no idea how he’s doing… Nothing. And yeah, I’m a bit worried. We were never really close, but he’s a good guy. Funny, nice to talk to, cool. So… I’m wondering what exactly is going on, but I’m also a bit afraid of finding out.

Life is a sleazy stranger who looks vaguely familiar,
Flirting with a bimbo named Disaster at the end of the bar.
– Ani Difranco, “The Million that You Never Made”

On a lighter note, go to Google. Type in “weapons of mass destruction” and then click the “I’m feeling lucky” button (not the normal search button!). It will send you to a rather amusing site. Or if you’re feeling lazy, I suppose I could just give you the link to the site… It’s here. No matter how you choose to go there, whether through Google or the link I’ve given you, go check it out.

No comments: