Saturday, April 10, 2004

I just finished translating more Bach for chorus. Well, it's actually copying a translation into the music book, but it's work nonetheless. Just work that doesn't require me to actually know German.

To do this weekend: Catch up on astro and psych reading, do a self-portrait for art, email my advisor about classes for next semester, deal with my SCCS account (ha, I've been saying I'll do that ever since winter break!), avoid stressing about getting a Lodge.

21 Grams is showing on campus this weekend... I think I'll go see it tonight.

I have formulated a backup plan in case we don't get the Lodge and have pretty sad numbers: ML basement. To be more specific, Rob's current room. As much as I'd kind of like to be on campus next year, I do like ML, and wouldn't be too upset about living here again. And rooms in the basement are really not in high demand, so it would be pretty easy to get. Also, it's a nice room. Big windows, big room, big closets. Okay, so there's no hall life in the basement. But there's also no hall life in Danawell, and I don't think I want the hall life of Willets (though I do want the Willets cat)... Wharton and Worth are impossible to get into, Parrish is single-sex, which I don't want... Same with Whittier... Mertz is unavailable... PPR is off campus, and if I'm going to be off campus, I'd rather be in ML... Same for Strath Haven... And New Dorm will probably be hard to get into, since it's well, new. And I don't even know where Woolman is.

I guess for me, if we don't get the Lodge, next best would maybe New Dorm (but if I'm a CA, and it's not ready in time, what do I do then?), and then probably a tie between Danawell and somewhere in ML. But it's not just my decision, I do have a roommate. So... Marci, any thoughts on the situation?

No comments: