Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Well, my mom when on a technological spree today. New mouse (ooh, optical!) and a cell phone (yeah, okay, so we're a little behind... My dad had one for work, and that was it...) So now she's trying to get everything to work. The mouse (excuse me, pointing device...) is working dandily. And we have a ringer tone for the phone (some classical piece)... I'm sure the greatest challenges are yet to come. We have yet to deal with the voicemail and speed-dialing.

I'm a platinum captain! I feel oh-so-special... Actually, I'm a bit unnerved. It's bad enough when some of the arcade employees know you by sight... It's even freakier when they start randomly conversing with you. It's okay though - both of them play the same game (and are really good), and they're nice guys. Then there's the matter of some of the other players... A group of my friends and I all play Soul Calibur 2, and we often go as a group (yes, we have no real lives). And we've encountered a few other hard-core fans like ourselves... One of which goes to our school. We have a sort of rivalry going on between us... He seems especially determined to beat me. I am curious to know if this has anything to do with the fact that I am one of the few - if not the only - girls who plays. Anyways, I passed him in the halls today, and he acknowledged me, placing his hand on my shoulder as he passed. This was kinda startling, since I had never met him before going to the arcade and I still don't know his actually name. The game apparently has a life of it's own, going beyond the normal bounds of societal interactions. Interesting.

I have an urge to take a nap right now, but at the same time, I am immensely wound up. It's a rather odd feeling.

Okay. Have to go reply to Mama Cat's email now.


No comments: