Thursday, January 01, 2004

Because random things like this amuse me and cheer me up:

A thing borrowed from Mama Cat:

1) Using band names of bands that you like, spell out your name

Jimmy Eat World
Exies, The
Nine Inch Nails
Natural History, The
International Noise Conspiracy
Finch
Eels
Rooney

2) Have you ever had a song written about you? Not that I know of.

3) What song(s) makes you cry? There is no one song that makes me cry... A lot will depend on my mood -- If I'm in the right mood, anything could make me cry. But "Winter" by Tori Amos is definately in the running as a tear-worthy song.

4) What song makes you happy? Again, no one song. Though the Fraggle Rock theme song is pretty cool as a happy tune.

5) What do you like to listen to before bed? Usually whatever I've been listening to throughout the day. Though certain bands make very good bedtime music, such as Portishead, Radiohead, Damien Rice, and Tori Amos.

6)Name a song by Coal Chamber I would, but I don't know any

7) Who was/were your idol/s when you were younger? Don't really remember having any.

8) First album you ever bought? TLC, CrazySexyCool, I believe. On tape.

9) Name a song that reminds you of someone. "Winter" by Tori Amos reminds me of all the WFC girls, especially Claudia.
----

Three foods you didn't like as a kid that you like now: Well, I can tolerate spinach now... Can't think of others.

Three things you want to do before you die: Learn to play guitar, have some of my writing published, have a job I love

Three names you would name a dog: Sadly, I cannot think of anything right now.

Three things you wish you'd never bought: Some clothes that I don't wear all that often... Can't think of exactly what, but I know they're somewhere in my closet.

Three names from your past that cause an emotional reaction (good or bad): Dooley, Rusty, ... can't think of a third that's officially from the "past"...

Three celebrities you'd banish to the north pole: Britney Spears, Howard Stern, John Ashcroft (not sure if he counts as a celebrity, but he's still getting banished)

Three things you want for christmas: More CDs, more books... That's all I ever want for Christmas.

Three things you lie about on a frequent basis: Actually lying? Can't thin of anything. But there are numerous things my mother knows that my dad doesn't, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Three songs you'd play to drive someone crazy: Punk music/hard rock for my father. Bubble gum pop for my brother. Can't think of any songs in particular, but almost anything in those genres would work. And for Colleen, that step-by-step dance song, whatever it's called. And the Macarana for just about anyone else.
---
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before? In no particular order: Graduated high school, went to college, had a radio show, played poker, took the train by myself, wandered around Central Park and other areas of NYC by myself, had a roommate, had my very own computer, turned 19, got a tattoo, took a road trip with a friend, and a few other things.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Don't think I made any, and probably not.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No one super-close, but someone I would have considered a friend.

5. What countries did you visit? Just other areas of the US

6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003? More free time, more sleep...

7. What dates from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Graduation and giving my speech (for obvious reasons), getting my tattoo (the nervousness and pain), my first day at Swarthmore (also for obvious reasons), my one month anniversary with Matt (a special celebration), my first radio show (yay for the power going out half-way through it), the day before finals (Primal Scream and stress!)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Hmm. Graduating high school 2nd in my class, and making it through the first semester of college.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not being number one? Though I don't really consider that a failure... So... Not keeping up with my emails and therefore not keeping in touch with a lot of people.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing beyond the normal sniffles and cracks and pops in my joints.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My tattoo, if you can call that "buying" something... And my laptop, though technically that was my parents buying that one.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Hmm. Have no idea.

13. What famous person had the most botox in 2003? No idea.

14. Where did most of your money go? Books, various stuff up at school, CDs, poker

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going off to college, coming home for break, getting my radio show, Ben getting his fellowship, me getting my tattoo, doing things with Matt, seeing furry creatures when I was pet-deprived at school.

16. What song will always remind you of 2003? I don't know...

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Sadder? No
Thinner or fatter? About the same, I think.
Richer or poorer? About the same (yay for parents paying for school)

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Read, wrote, socialized, emailed

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Procrastinated, cried, worried

20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it at home, with my family.

21. What's my mother fuckin' name? Don't know. Who are you?

22. Did you fall in love in 2003? Yes.

23. How many one-night stands? None.

24. What was your favorite TV program? I didn't watch much TV... The Simpsons, I guess.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word. Dislike... Yeah.

26. What was the best book you read? Hmm. So many choices, and no answer.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? A tie between Ozma, Ted Leo, The Postal Service, and Pretty Girls Make Graves... Close seconds include (International) Noise Conspiracy, Death Cab for Cutie, Denali, and The Junior Varsity.

28. What did you want and get? To enjoy college

29. What did you want and not get? Sleep

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Pirates of the Carribean or Return of the King

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Many cards, some jewelery, some fuzzy warm socks, various food items... 19

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More sleep, I think...

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003? So many options, yet so predictable... As I fall back on jeans and either a band shirt of a plain tee again and again.

34. What kept you sane? My friends, Matt, my mom... This, of course, assumes that I am indeed sane.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hmm. Orlando Bloom, I suppose.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? The war.

37. Who did you miss? My mom, my pets, my friends from home

38. Who was the best new person you met? Matt, but Marci and the rest of the hall are a close second. And David, Andrew, Alex, Mark, Nile, Rob, Professor Raff, Sensi Carolyn, Cuddles, and some others are awesome as well.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003: Hmm. That even when things aren't logical, they can still feel and be right.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

So many choices, but this one works for at least a few aspects of the year...

Hello, I'm neurotic...
Creating problems that don't exist...
Don't believe me when I say it's alright.


Let's go to my apartment;
We'll pull the sheets up over our heads,
Forget all reasons to go outside.


Beats pulse, they're automatic...
Locked inside of my apartment,
Make confessions with the television on...


Hello, I'm neurotic...
Creating problems that don't exist...
Don't believe me when I say it's alright and I'm fine.


Let's go to my apartment;
We'll pull the sheets up over our heads,
Forget all reasons to go outside.


Beats pulse, they're automatic...
Locked inside of my apartment,
Make confessions with the television on...


Hello, I'm neurotic...
Creating problems that don't exist...
Don't believe me when I say it's alright...
And I'm fine!


-Pretty Girls Make Graves, "Blue Lights"
---

And this last part comes from The Mayfly Project... My year in 20 words or less:

An end, a beginning. New love. New friends. Plenty of work, not enough sleep.
---

And that's the end of that. I feel a bit better now... I don't really know why. Distracted, maybe?

No comments: