Saturday, January 03, 2004

Lucy (the fat cat) just got off my lap, and feeling is slowly returning to my legs... But now she's sitting on one of my feet, so now that's going to fall asleep. I'm glad she's happy and affectionate, but sometimes I wish she was a little less so -- like a minute ago, when she was licking my arm. Now I appear to have insulted her, and she has gone to go sit on the other side of the bed, with her back turned to me. Oh well.

I leave for Chicago tomorrow. Wait, I guess I leave today, since it's after midnight. Anyway, I leave around 6 am, which means I'm getting up really early. Blech. But it's worth it, because I'm really looking forward to the trip.

The weather here has been crazy... Way too warm. But that's going to change -- tomorrow it's supposed to get cold, and there's a chance of snow. I'm not sure if I should be happy (because snow is fun) or grumpy (because Chicago is usually cool anyway, so now it will probably be really cold... Brr...). I suppose a bit of both, but I'll probably be quite happy unless I get sick. I'm battling a cold right now, and I'd really prefer that it go away and leave me be for at least the next few days or so.

Time to get some sleep.

No comments: