Sunday, January 11, 2004

Hmm. Already a small snag in my nifty internship possibility... According to the company's website, "Applicants pick up five 100-page manuscript excerpts, which they are asked to read and evaluate in writing (about one page each) in about a week's time. Their coverage is then read by the agency and applicants are contacted by phone. Because of the nature of our screening process, we are unable to screen applicants long-distance." Let me repeat that last part... Because of the nature of our screening process, we are unable to screen applicants long-distance. Hmm. *grumbles* While the process makes sense and sounds good, the whole non-long-distance thing does cause a bit of a problem.

Hmm. Though I guess I could take the train up to New York City, pick up the the excerpts, and then either return to NYC with my evaluations or email them or something... I wonder if you can do the application bit in New York but get a position in California, though. *ponders this* It doesn't seem out of the question... I suppose I will have to contact them and inquire. But not now. Now I need food and then sleep.

No comments: