Friday, January 23, 2004

*Jen doggie-paddles her way up to the surface of the water in the deep end, looks around after processing what just happened, and then remarks: "Man, that was cool!"*

Forgive the poor metaphor, for I would hate to be thrown into the deep end of an actual pool... But when it comes to the metaphorical deep end of English literature courses, I am all for it.

Milton was intense. Great prof who covered quite a lot... And great insights from the other students. I think the combination of the two factors was what made it feel like being in the deep end. One or the other would have been very easy to process. But both... That was something new for me (if you exclude the experience of WFC)... My English class last semester was fun, but the teacher was never really in control or all that focused. And my classmates and myself tended to get distracted by other things. Like talking. So this afternoon was kind of a 180 away from that. Which is very cool.

And while I'm raving about the class, I suppose I should also admit that it's kind of scary. We have a lot of poetry to read for next week, as well as a short paper to write already. Eek. So between that, the drawings I have to do for art, the stuff I have to read for psych, and the homework I have in astro... Well, I better not slack off this weekend.


No comments: