Sunday, January 11, 2004

I've been looking at internship possibilities. There are about ten that sound sort of interesting... Editorial sort of stuff for magazines, mostly, and a publishing company or two. One is for Fantagraphics Books, which is involved with publishing underground comic books. So that sounds very, very cool. And it's out in Seattle, which is nifty. (Granted, with no compensation, I don't know where I'd live, but...)

However, the internship that is really, really tempting is the one for Manus & Associates Literary Agency. The work is summarized as "screening submissions, communicating with writers, and analyzing manuscripts for content and marketability." And it's a "bicoastal literay agency," which means while one set of offices is in New York City, the other is in Palo Alto. Which means that if I can manage to get an internship, I may just be begging Claudia to let me live in her backyard for about 12 weeks. Claudia, I'll sleep in the hammock. I'll help out around the house. Whatever it takes.

Anyway, those are two of the possibilities that stand out the most. I've just begun my search, though, so I'm sure that I'll find others... And hopefully I can actually get one. We'll see.

No comments: