Friday, March 24, 2006

Being the organization freak that I am, I took all the info I had entered on the comics from the spreadsheet and put it into a database format. It has drop-down menus for genre and condition! I can sort by series title, and then volume number within that, and then issue number within that! It's so cool! (Yes, I am indeed a geek.)

Note: I am grumpy towards whoever did The Avengers comics. Okay people, why did you not pick a name and stick with it! Either The Avengers or The Mighty Avengers and either Avengers West Coast or West Coast Avengers would have been fine. But no, you had to have them all. And no, they are not actually different series as far as I can tell. Based on issue numbers and publication dates, I am inclined to assume that they are actually the same series and story line... And someone just decided to make it hell for anyone who tried to catalogue them in any organized fashion. Gov docs do this too, changing titles of serials and switching around numbering systems... It's very frustrating.

Wow. That... That was really geeky, wasn't it? And I also just went and changed some entries from "The Avengers" to "Avengers, The" so that it would sort all happily. I think I'm going to back away from my computer now and get some sleep...

No comments: