Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It already feels like it's been ages since break, and it's only Tuesday. This is not good at all.

I spent most of Sunday doing stuff for d'turgy (rearranging the scenes in Woyzeck, writing up my play report on Lulu, answering my question about The Cherry Orchard, and reading 5th of July); when I finally finished all of that, I just collapsed. Then yesterday was spent in class for the most part... Bits of free time were spent making sure I had the argument of the article I'm writing about for ToN down pat. This was a very long involved process. In retrospect, perhaps I should have just launched into the paper itself, but I really do think this is the best way to do it... I just don't have the time for it. Anyway, that ate up a considerable amount of time. On the upside, the weather was gorgeous yesterday, so working on it outside in the warmth made it seem less painful. Around 9:15 or so I took a break and went running, since the weather was just so nice. My body was not overly happy with this plan - my knees are less than happy with me today - but it was still nice. And I wandered through the nearby labyrinth for my cool-down, which was really nice and soothing. Then it was back to work, sadly. I wrote for awhile, then took a nap, then wrote more, then took a nap, then just slept. I didn't finish it, but my prof is fine with me emailing it in later today, so it should be fine. I really need to get out of this habit of letting myself sleep a bit before I'm done. The one time it's worked I slept for about a 4 hour chunk and then just woke up really early. But it's so hard to resist the sleep...

So today I have to finish my paper. I also need to write for playwriting tomorrow. I have an appointment from 2 to 3, and them I'm supposed to give blood at 3:30 (but given my cold and tiredness, I may back out on that). Then I have my radio show from 6 to 8. My plan is to go directly to McCabe after my show and hole up and get work done. That's what I did for some of my work on Sunday, and it went fairly well, so I'll try it again. Fewer distractions and all that -- most significantly a lack of a comfy bed. The library closes at 1 am. Hopefully I'll be done with my paper long before that and will have made significant headway on the play.

*sigh* I did not finish The Mill on the Floss, but I think it's going to have to be ignored for now. I need to start on Orlando so that I'll be done with it before I have to write about it... Though first there's a back of theory articles to read. Blarg. And I have library internship stuff to do (though I usually enjoy that, so I'm okay with it), including working at a poetry reading on Friday. Then there's the summer stuff to apply for - RA position, jobs, etc. I also need to finish getting research for Zoo Story done so I can meet with the director and my advisor. This feels like the week from hell. And it's not helped by the fact that this year has basically consisted solely of weeks like this. *slumps in chair*

No comments: