Monday, March 20, 2006

Okay, definitely been spending too much time in McCabe lately. I've got things down to a routine...

I enter McCabe to do work. If I have a lot of writing to do and need space to spread out papers, I choose (A). If I have reading or straight typing to do, I choose (B).

(A) I go to the 4th floor (3rd floor now, I guess?), the "back" of the building. I sit at the table by the doors to the central staircase. I work here until I am done, need a change of scenery, or run down my laptop's battery.

(B1) I go to the 3rd floor (er, 2nd), the nook at the "front" of the building by those stairs. I sit in the black leather chair.
(B2) If this seat is occupied, I go up a floor and sit in that blue chair.
If both of these are taken, I am sad and see if spot (A) is open or look for another comfy chair elsewhere.

No matter where I end up lately, it seems that my battery starts to run low. Sadly, there are no convenient outlets by (A), (B1), or (B2). Therefore, there is (C), where I am right now.

(C) Top floor, study carrel near the back of the building. By a window, but more importantly by a power outlet. Located by PR 115.W - 479.P6 I. I keep coming back to this one desk, though I'm not sure why. I'm a creature of habit, I guess. I have yet to deal with having this spot taken.

So now my computer is plugged in and happy. I am less happy, but I am wired in my own way, as I am reaping the benefits of free coffee from downstairs. Whee.

Back to my bland attempt at a play.

No comments: