Thursday, March 23, 2006

I started my library/comic project today. I spent 3 hours looking at comics - 119 of them, in fact - and sorting them. I've set up a spreadsheet which contains the following information for every comic the library has: series name, issue name, volume number, issue number, date, condition, genre, publisher, and any notes I need to remember.

So far the three genres I've concocted are superhero, sci-fi, and other. Other will probably be broken down further at some point, but for now, it's a catchall category. Sci-fi got its own because of the number of Aliens books. Superheros are winning by quite a bit, however. There are especially a lot of Avengers, Alpha Flight (which I've never heard of), and Azrael (also a new one for me). I got through the As (or at least the As that were in the correct spot) and got a bit into the Bs. It is a formidable task... They don't look like much on the shelf, but you start going through them one by one and it gets a bit time consuming...

Off to dinner now, because my stomach is making funny noises at me.

No comments: