Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Playlist!

* Belle & Sebastian - Dress Up in You
Wilco - Jesus, Etc.
*Matt Pond PA - Several Arrows Later
Yo La Tengo - Don’t Have to Be Sad
# Marianne Faithfull - City of Quartz
Death Cab for Cutie - Your Bruise
* Mates of State - Nature and the Wreck
Final Fantasy - That’s When the Audience Died
Low - Point of Disgust
Longwave - I Know It’s Coming Someday
Cat Power - We All Die
#* Scout Niblett - Handsome
Laura Veirs - Icebound Stream
* Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
* The Mountain Goats - Love Love Love
Matt Sweeney and Bonnie “Prince” Billy - Beast for Thee
M. Ward - Poor Boy, Minor Key
Camera Obscura - Suspended From Class
Sufjan Stevens - The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders (Part I: The Great Frontier; Part II: Come to Me Only With Playthings Now)
Pavement - Embassy Row
* Albumen - Raven Black
* The Joggers - Since You’re Already Up
* Ambulance Ltd - Straight A’s
The Decemberists - The Soldiering Life
Elliott Smith - 2:45 am
That Dog - Holidays
* B. Fleischmann - Gain
The Postal service - We Will Become Silhouttes
Enon - Drowning Appointments
* Built to Spill - Kicked it in the Sun

The fire alarm went off in the middle of my show, sometime during Low's "Point of Disgust." I think. I ignored it and muffled it with the headphones. I realize this was not a good thing to do, really, but 1) there is a fire escape right by the studio, 2) by the time I would have made it all the way down the stairs the alarm probably would have been turned off, 3) it is my duty to keep the music going, and 4) I assumed it was a false alarm, because that's usually the case. If I'm ever caught in a real fire, I'll probably die. Many a 3 am alarm has made me jaded, though being an RA has made me a bit more responsible again. But since I wasn't in my dorm, I did not feel the need to go into firefighting RA mode.

Work now, I suppose.

No comments: