Monday, March 27, 2006

So the deans didn't okay having gender neutral 2-room doubles everywhere on campus. It makes me grumpy, and I have expressed my disappointment in an email to the Housing Coordinator (she did ask us to write her if we had any questions or concerns...). That's now the second time this semester I've questioned/expressed frustration with an administrative decision. Weird - when did I start to care so much about things like this?

Part of it, I'm sure, is a continuation of the ranting I've been doing throughout the day... This is especially the case in d'turgy class, where there was a minor moment of confrontation. I worried Mr. Magru - he was afraid it was something he had done that had upset me - but I assured him later that it was not, in fact, him. He's a good, amusing prof; my frustrations with various members of the class at various times are not his fault.

The real reason I care so much about the gender neutral housing issue, however, is probably Patrick. Things like this will effect him, and being friends with him has made me aware of these things. He could play softball now, but as soon as he starts testosterone, he can't. I honestly don't know what the administrative stance on housing in this case is. Gender neutral housing just makes life easier in this case and in other cases like it, I think. Similar personal reasons were involved in my talking to some deans about the RA selection process. Applicants from ML - ones I had recommended - got slighted, and I got upset. I know these people would be great RAs; I know that who's on the committee definitely effects the choices. People who aren't know by members of the committee aren't appointed. MLers aren't so known by the current average RA. Fellow sports people and Student Council people and what have you are. And the gap between ML and campus - which sadly does exist - gets a bit wider, I think.

Okay, enough rambling. Dinner now. Reading Orlando tonight. And really, sleep might be good as well...

No comments: