Tuesday, February 04, 2003

My level of amusement for the day has just increased tenfold... My mom just got home. Both she and my father will be out of town for part of this week, leaving me to fend for myself and take care of the animals. My father has apparently expressed some concern about this arrangement to my mother... He wanted her to have a talk with me. It would seem that for some reason, my dad is worried that my oh-so-raging hormones will force me to lose control with my boyfriend. Yes. My dad wanted my mom to have "The Talk" with me. When informed of this, I could do little more than laugh. We've been going out for, hmm, a little over 2 weeks or something? And my dad is concerned, even though he was not worried about any of my other boyfriends (few and far inbetween though they were)... I guess since I'm 18 now and going away to college in 6 months or so, I am obviously unable to keep my wanton desires under control. Hmm, yep, that's *perfectly* logical.

My mother, of course, finds my father's worries a bit extreme. As always, she trusts me completely and has a much better grasp on reality than my dad. Thank goodness... I wonder if either of my brothers had to deal with this stuff?

No comments: