Friday, February 28, 2003

I didn't go to track practice yesterday... I felt sick, was coughing a lot, etc. So I went home and slept. My mom woke me up around 6:15, asked me if I wanted soup or anything else for dinner. I told her maybe later, then rolled over and went back to sleep. I woke up a little after midnight, ate half a thing of crackers, then returned to bed. My mom woke me up at 5:30 (Yes, that's when I normally get up for school. Don't look at me like that. I know it's ungodly early. But I move ungodly slow in the morning...). All in all, I got almost 14 hours of sleep. It was nice. For the first time in ages I was energetic and happy at school... It scared people; it was rather enjoyable. Then at track practice I ran about 2.5 or so miles (in the 38 degree weather, brrr...), and even though I was definately worn out by it, it was also rather enjoyable. Follow it up with a nice long soak in a warm bath, and I am one happy girl. (Dilemma: what on earth am I going to do at college next year? I don't know if I will have access to an actual tub. And gosh darn it, there are just some times when a shower just won't cut it...)

So yes. I am happy and still sort of bouncy. Whee! I have to get up early tomorrow... (Yay for quiz bowl trips that require you to leave school at 6:30 am!), so I have a feeling the sleep thing will even out rather quickly. Still, it's nice while it lasts.

Happy note of the day: I officially have my plane ticket set up for my trip out to California. YAY! Life is good right now.

No comments: