Saturday, February 08, 2003

Sadie Hawkins' was actually fun. So I guess I won't have to hurt anyone for making me attend it... Yay. That should free up some time in my schedule then. Which is good, because I think I probably need it. I have a decent amount of homework this weekend, along with play practice, of course. This means that as much as I want to sleep late tomorrow, I should probably get up and get some stuff done before practice. Great...

I tried to help one of my friends find a Valentine's Day present for her boyfriend... We did not fare overly well. Hopefully he'll like what she ended up with, because, well, we tried to come up with something cool... But it's hard when you're trying very very hard to avoid all the cutesy crap. Hallmark is just one big mass of pink and red, with bits of lace and fluff scattered amongst the stuffed animals and hearts. I'm disturbed by the whole thing, but at the same time, I feel compelled to look at the stuff. Honestly, could you walk by a bobble-headed amphibian who's clutching a sign that proclaims "I'm toadily in love with you" without at least doing a double-take? I doubt it. I wonder about the people who create merchandise like this. What are they thinking? Or were they thinking at all?



No comments: