Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Yay for the English Department. I was sad when I discovered I wouldn't be able to go to Jonathan Franzen's talk tonight (due to a conflict with chorus as well as the tickets for the talk being sold out), but this afternoon there was an event hosted by the English Department where he came and talked and answered questions and such. So that was cool... He was interesting to listen to, pretty funny, and nice. And I got to have one of those awkward fan experiences where you cautiously approach the person, book in hand, and try to not sound stupid while making conversation as you get your book signed. I did get the book signed; I'm not sure if I managed to not sound stupid or not.

In other news... The schedule of courses for next semester is up. I think I've got everything just about figured out. I need another natural science course, so I'm going to take CS 21, which is the computer science course between the class where you learn how to turn on a computer and the one where you have to be at least a semi-experienced programmer. I'm also going to take an English class on American poetry, an oil painting class, and a philosophy class entitled Theory of Knowledge. The prof for the philosophy class is the same guy I had for intro philosophy, so it should be fairly interesting -- the man could be the stereotype for the kind of wacky, eccentric, semi-confused liberal arts prof. He's awesome.

Anyway, with those classes, my schedule will look something like this:

MWF, 11:30-12:20: Theory of Knowledge
MW, 1:15-4: Oil Painting
TTh, 9:55-11:10: American Poetry
TTh, 2:40-3:55: Computer Science

Somewhere in there I will also be tossing in at least one PE class... I could do fitness training (which is just going to the gym, which I already do) the entire semester and finish up my PE requirement... I could take that on MWF from 10:30-11:20, or TTh from 11:20-12:35. I could also take yoga during the second half of the semester, which sounds cool, except for the fact that it's at 9 am. Or maybe I'll do both... And then definately get the credit for the fitness training, but maybe just do yoga for fun and not worry about being there all the time and getting the credit.

Alright, need to eat dinner and then go to chorus, where I will sit out and follow along with the music. With my cold it's not even worth it to try and sing... I know I won't be able to hit most of the notes. So I shall sit out and pay attention, and maybe do some other work on the sly. We'll see.

No comments: