Thursday, November 06, 2003

Claudia has moved house again... It's still called Sharkey's Days, but it's at a new location. Hopefully this will be the last switch for awhile.

Played an interesting board game last night... Kill Dr. Lucky. It's sort of like Clue, in the way that you're in a big old house and one of the players is responsible for killing the owner of the house. Only the point of the game isn't to solve the murder, it's to commit it. And you try to stop the other people from killing him first. It's a bit hard to explain, but it's actually pretty easy to play. The cards are the best part, though... They include such things as shoehorns, a killing joke, a crepe pan, a chainsaw, and a Civil War cannon as weapons... And slipping on a banana peel, getting distracted by an ice cream truck, being very, very stupid, and having a wizen karate master jump out are all possible failure cards that people can use to prevent the murder. Like I said... Interesting.

I stayed awake through all of psychology class today. I was so proud. Granted, I was reading the Phoenix (Swat's newspaper) for about half of it, but I was still awake and taking notes.

I'm not as sore as I expected to be today... My arms ache a little bit, but it's manageable. Yipee.

The book that we starting reading in history this week, a primary source entitled The Murder of Charles the Good, is insane. But it's insane in a very nice way: half of it is footnotes. Footnotes that I don't have to read. It's great. They'll be maybe 2/3rds of a page of text, then the rest is footnotes. One page was about 5 lines of text, with the rest of it footnotes. And there are big margins, especially on the bottom of the page. So even though the reading assignment initially looks lengthy, it really isn't. It's great.

This weekend is going to be not much fun, I fear. Well, actually, it should be okay. I'm going to go see a movie tomorrow night, and then the fall formal is Saturday night. But the rest of the time is going to be spent doing work. Lots of it. I have a history paper due Monday, psychology to read, a psych attachment paper due on Wednesday, I have to finish reading Beloved for Tuesday, and if I get my English paper back, I'll need to work on a revision for that. And somewhere in there I really, really want to get lots of sleep and email people. Hmm.

Off to go read my history sourcebook until it's time for English class. Such fun.

No comments: