Monday, November 10, 2003

So last night I realized that I had spent quite a lot of my weekend in front of the computer, doing various things for history. This was an unhappy realization, because while it meant that I had accomplished things in history, I hadn't done anything for my other classes. Gah.

I'm really tired right now. I took some time off last night to go to Target, talk to Collen, talk to my parents, and hang out with people. I really had not other choice. The constant staring at the computer screen was starting to get to me. Of course, because I took this time off, it meant that I was just starting page 5 of my essay around 1 am. So around 3 am I'm nearing page 6, since I'm writing and editing all at once, and my brain is functioning very, very slowly by this point. I can barely keep my eyes open and my mind is wandering... And my essay is showing it. So I give in to the need to sleep -- sort of.

I take a 2 hour nap, so at 5 am I'm up again. By 6 the paper is done, and I crawl back into bed and get up again at 7:45. So last night I got roughly 3 and a half hours of sleep last night. Whee.

I got my history quiz back today. I didn't fail, but I also didn't do extremely well. However, this came as no surprise, so I'm okay with it.

Philosophy class was good today. Raff was on the top of his game, and what he was saying was actually making sense. It may have had something to do with having a larger audience than usual - this is the tail end of Discovery Weekend, so there are lots of specs around campus. My philosophy class usually has 10 people. Today there were about 25 people there. That's right -- the specs outnumbered the actual students. Anyway, Raff tried to make sure they understood what was going on, which meant that the rest of us followed him for once as well. It was cool. It'll probably never happen again, though... But I still love that class.

Okay. It's time for me to go read Beloved until I fall asleep. Yay.

No comments: