Wednesday, November 05, 2003

I let myself get talked into going to the gym today. Actually, it wasn't bad, even though I haven't really lifted weights since the end of track. I got to use the scary, pretty machines (yay for diagrams and directions, otherwise I may have accidently killed myself...) and felt like I had accomplished something. I did some leg stuff, but mostly arms.

That, in retrospect, was not a wise move. Because I went to aikido tonight, and they broke out the weapons again. Last time I was in the staff group (which has a much cooler name that I don't remember); this time I was in the wooden sword group. It was really cool -- my 2 favorite aikido classes have been the ones with the weapons; there's something really calming and centering about the repition of the movements. However, there was lots of arm movement which turned into arm strain and pain... Which means I'm really not sure if I'm going to be able to lift my arms very much tomorrow. Owie.

On that note, I'm going to soak in the tub and massage my muscles into some semblence of relaxation.

No comments: