Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Tonight rocked so very, very much.

We got into Philly with no problem, grabbed some pizza on South Street, and then stood in line, listening to silly indie kids gab while snuggling up to Kyle to stay warm. This waiting in the cold paid off -- we were within 10 feet of the stage, possibly closer. Then the show itself -- 2 opening bands: Final Fantasy and Man Man. Then The Arcade Fire. The show was phenomenal. Each and every one of the bands kicked ass. Final Fantasy was actually just one guy, Owen, with a violin and a loop peddle. You would not believe the music you can create with just those 2 items. I bought his CD and am listening to it now, and it's very, very good. Man Man was crazy. Part performance art, part rock band. All insanity. I can't even really describe it -- it's definitely something that had to be seen to fully comprehend. Or at least to begin to comprehend -- I don't know if anyone could fully comprehend. And then The Arcade Fire. Oh. My. God. SO GOOD! Amazing music, really great stage presence, etc. Just all around good stuff. Quite possibly the best concert I've attended. The only complaint I have -- indie kids need to learn to dance. Man Man was the most driving, rhythmic thing ever, and almost no one was moving. For shame, hipsters.

Time for sleep now -- There's still work I should do (I chose to hang out after the concert instead of doing my reading, imagine that), but I think I'll sleep first, then get up in the morning and confront it.

No comments: