Wednesday, February 23, 2005

When I have a lot of work to do, my mind goes into a kind of fight or flight mode. It generally chooses flight, which means that my mind kind of goes away. It goes blank, I lose the ability to really focus, etc. It's definitely not an ideal situation. I'm not sure what a fight reaction would be -- maybe buckling down and actually getting things done in an efficient manner. And I always plan to do that. I wrote out a list of things that I should do today.

- English class (I did this)
- Read rest of The Odyssey (I also did this, and I was quite pleased with myself)
- Mythology class (Did)
- Lunch (Yep)
- Work: make notes for Homer response, read philosophy (This is where it went a bit haywire. I went into Cornell and worked on the puzzle for a bit, then I went to the bookstore to buy some stuff I needed and drop off a roll of film. I went to the media lounge and checked my email, then I called home and talked for about 30 min. When I finished that, I went back to the science center. I got a snack, did a bit more of the puzzle, then finally settled down to read philosophy for a bit. I ended up reading about 15 pages.)
- Acting class (Did this)
- Dinner (Yay pasta bar0
- Back to ML: Laundry, revise philosophy paper, work on philosophy reading (In process of doing laundry, and I've revised my introduction thus far)

To come later: Collapsing, either staying up late to work on philosophy reading or getting up earlyish to do it... After class tomorrow, there will be either be quality time spent with me, my laptop, and Homer's epics or reading criticism on Yeats' poetry. Whichever one I don't do in the afternoon will be done after dinner, plus more work on the Homer essay. Then there will be more collapsing, then more class, and then a grand collapse after lunch on Friday.

Time to take some Advil and then move my laundry to the dryer.

No comments: