Thursday, May 12, 2005

A few things:

The new best use for cell phones: to leave messages to yourself about the new thesis you just came up with. I have a new thesis, about revelation through distance. Eliot had this belief that you shouldn't put yourself and emotions in your poetry. He and others distanced themselves from their work but still filled it with emotion through various means, such as imagery, allusion, assuming personas, describing scenes in the 3rd person, fragmentation, etc. It may actually work.

Also, Cari thinks that the paper is due on Saturday, not Friday. I am hoping she is right, and I just sent an email to Nat to double-check. Granted, it's late, and I won't find out until sometime tomorrow. But it would be nice to know for sure. I have a feeling Cari is right, but I'm going to pretend that it's due Friday so that I get more done. Also, I need to reserve time for philosophy still, so I can't really push it off much anyway.

Okay. Time to write this thing.

No comments: