Saturday, May 28, 2005

I went for a short run today (about 10 min), and was frustrated by how out of shape I am. Endurance while running has never been my strong point, but it's really bad at the moment. Instead of going home, I decided to walk for awhile. As I passed the road by the fieldhouse, I decided to head into the Crum Woods. I ended up walking/hiking for a good half hour. I went down a few paths I've never seen before, and ended up on a hill full of blooming bushes and gorgeous blue and purple flowers. I walked by the creek, then climbed a hill to sit on a big craggy rock. I was reminded of the woods behind the house in Pittsburgh -- the foliage was sort of similar, of course, but there was something else about it that I can't place. It was a nice feeling.

So, assuming I didn't catch poison ivy from my off-path trek (after climbing to the rock, I decided to climb the rest of the hill -- but the path ended at the rock) and the weather is decent, I think I'll try and make this a regular Saturday afternoon thing.

No comments: