Monday, May 09, 2005

Weezer's new album, Make Believe was given a 0.4 by Pitchfork, which is perhaps the worst score I can remember. After hearing the single, "Beverly Hills," I have to believe it does actually deserve this horrible rating. And that's just sad. Rivers, please listen to the Blue Album and Pinkerton. Listen many times. Get Matt Sharp back if you need to, if the backup falsettos are key. Get back in touch with your Pinkerton-era angst by reading all the crappy reviews this album will most likely getting. Then go write good songs. I know you can do it. Don't make me rethink my love of your earlier work. Don't make me hide my Weezer t-shirts in the back of my closet. Don't make me hesitate before admitting that "Only in Dreams" is one of my favorite songs. Either get better now, or go back into hiding. Your fans did not rejoice at your reemergence only to be disappointed so much. Please.

In other news, I am a lazy slug who has gotten next to nothing accomplished today. I suck.

No comments: