Sunday, May 29, 2005

I went to the tail end of graduation... I missed the speeches (fine with missing Al Bloom's, kinda wished I had heard Jonathan Franzen's speech after he got his honorary degree), and missed about half of the names being read. I did, however, accidently position myself in an ideal spot. I was right next to the aisle that they marched down, so I managed to catch just about everyone and congratulate them as they were leaving.

I'll undoubtedly go to graduation next year, no matter what I do with the rest of my summer. Most of my friends will be graduating... It'll be really weird. I'll probably cry. This year was just a prelude to that -- there were a few people I really care about, but most were just people I had seen around campus. Next year, though, many of the people will be people I know and will miss. And then the year after that, it'll be my turn, which is a really scary thought.

In other news, hung out with some people this afternoon, going to Star Wars tonight... People have begun to suggest things to do during the rest of the summer (hanging out every Saturday night, going to the beach, going to 6 Flags, etc), and it seems like it'll be a good summer.

Now for a nap, because I'm a lazy bum and I can.

No comments: