Wednesday, March 26, 2003

I am now mindlessly killing time. I should be doing chem, but my mind is elsewhere, so I can't. I could go to bed, but I'm feeling rather attached to the computer right now, so I won't.

Instead, some random song lyrics from the CD I'm currently listening to... Jimmy Eat World's Clarity...

What you ignore is priceless to me.
- Believe in What You Want

Take in restraint like a breath,
My lungs are so numb from holding back...
...
Simple discourse breaks you clean in half.
Regret.
Do try it once and then you know.
Your move.
Settle for less again.

- Crush

Meet me with a way out through the lies.
Nowhere, going nowhere in the fake yellow light.
...
The feelings change so fast.
Safety scares them away.
I can't bring myself to say
It's my own advice I need.
Nowhere, and then nowhere,
Living trapped inside the chase.
...
Our weakness is the same.
We need poison sometimes.
...
Blame no one.
Look in my eyes and blame no one.

- Ten

We can't do a thing but wait.
...
The time, such clumsy time,
In deciding if it's time.
I'm careful but not sure how it goes.
You can loose yourself in your courage.
...
The mindless comfort
Grows when I'm alone with my 'great' plans.
This is what she says gets her through it:
'If I don't let myself be happy now,
Then when?'
If not now, when?
...
Can you still feel the butterflies?
Can you still hear the last goodnight?
...
Close my eyes and believe wherever you are,
An angel for me.

- For Me This is Heaven

Take advantage of these times, you said.
You let me down.
It hasn't been the first time.
As I'm falling in the pit of fire,
My mind's made up.
I'm never coming back here.
...
How long would it take me
To walk across the United States
All alone?
...
I'm falling fast into this pit of fire
Which surrounds us all.
In a blanket of fear
That I've been wrapped in for years.
...
When the world caves in
What are you going to do?
When the world caves in
What are you going to do for me?

- Blister

Now in the deep and down your heart moves.
- Clarity

How could you know just what you did?
So full of faith yet full of doubt I ask.
...
Time and time again you said
Don't be afraid.
...
The only voice I want to hear is yours.

- Goodbye Sky Harbor


No comments: