Thursday, March 06, 2003

I had another meltdown today... Had a massive headache, was frustrated over my Song of Solomon essay (or lack thereof), and was really, really mad with the number i. Damn complex numbers and difference equations... I finally found where I screwed up (a sign error, of all things!), but by then my stress level was insane and I had cried. I feel bad for my math teacher - I've been coming into 8th hour in a nasty mood more and more often. Hopefully switching seats in Lit will ease some of the frustration in that class, but I doubt it. Sure, we're done with Morrison (who my classmates loathe), but now we've got Oedipus. And I'm pretty sure that's not going to go very well... Mainly because nothing in that class has gone very well this entire year. You know it's bad when you adore English but you almost dread going to English class... And it's not the teacher's fault, really. I like her a lot, and I feel bad for her - it's her 1st year, and she got stuck with a class from hell - but I just wish things would go a bit smoother. I don't know; I think WFC spoiled me. Actually, I know it did. Cool people who actually want to discuss the book they're reading? People who actual READ the book? No way!

*sigh* Yeah, so that sucks. Most of reality is sucky at the moment, I think. I have a strong urge to lie on my bed and just read. I started Lirael last night. It's by Garth Nix, and it's the sequel to Sabriel. It's rather good so far... And as soon as I finish it, I have the latest one in the series, Abhorsen, to start. Mmmm. Lovely. So yes, I am rather tempted to curl up with my book and ignore the real world, with it's essays to write, grandmothers to visit, practices to attend, chemistry to study, and whatnot. But I know that I can't... Well, I could, but I won't let myself... Have to do my homework, be the model student and that sort of thing...

I am really looking forward to California. I know it's over a month away, but if I'm still in this slump, it may be just the thing to get me out of it. Then again, maybe not... But a girl can dream, can't she?




No comments: