Wednesday, August 27, 2003

2nd day as a Swattie. I purchased a longer Ethernet cable, so I'm actually typing this while sitting at my desk. Woohoo! Other than that, I've been doing various orientation stuff, mostly. I have also aquired a free plant and a free mug, and sat in the largest Adirondack chair I have ever seen (Seriously, it's huge... you can fit 3 people side by side... And the seat is 4 feet or so off the ground... It's just a giant chair...).

Last night was pretty fun, too. My roommate and I were just sitting around talking when we heard an unearthly noise. We went out into the hall to investigate, and we found it was coming from the room across from us, where one of the guys was cutting some styrofoam packing. We got to talking, his roommate came back, and we all ended up going to the dining area of the dorm to try out the ping-pong and air hockey tables that are there, and to check out the collection of random books that have apparently just been left there. We seemed to be the only people still up on our floor, even though it was only 12:30 or so... I guess everyone else decided to get some rest before their placement tests or something.

That leads me to another thing: Yay for not having to take placement tests! I have apparently met my foreign language requirement (nevermind the fact that I can't really speak Spanish after taking it for 4 years and a summer), and my AP math tests can serve as placement tests should I ever desire to take another math class. So I got to sleep a little later than everyone else, and then I enjoyed a refreshing cold shower. Yes, cold... The hot water is not cooperating in my dorm, and it seriously sucks. Hopefully the problem will be solved soon. I'd at least like lukewarm water...

And that's about all for now.


No comments: