Friday, August 15, 2003

I could practically cry right now. After I finished burning my regular CDs last night, I set to work copying the MP3s I wanted off of this computer so I could have them for my laptop. Well, this computer used to be my brother's... He's an even bigger music junkie than I am, so there are a whole heck of a lot of MP3s on here. And a lot of them I'm not familiar with, so the process was taking a while, since I listened to at least snippets of many of the songs. So. In the midst of this, I decided to go do something else. I couldn't figure out how to save the playlist so I could come back to it later, so I figured I'd just leave the computer on and get back to it the next day. Well, apparently the CD creator program felt rejected by this or something. In the middle of the night, it shut down, taking all my work with it. *sob*

So now I have to start over... But not today, and probably not tomorrow. Why? Because I have to go visit all my grandparents before I leave for school! Yeehaw! On the plus side, after I see my mom's parents, we're going shopping (woohoo, I get to go to Rag-o-Rama and good CD stores!) before we go down to my other grandma's. And I think we're hitting a mall on the way back. Yay.

Off course, in the midst of all this shopping goodness is the visit to my other grandma. Believe me, that is going to be *so* much fun. Because the woman is, unfortunately, falling apart. So it was decided that she should be put on a waiting list for a nursing home. I don't even know if she knows that... Waiting lists are usually fairly lengthy, so I think my parents figured they had some time to break it to her. Only now a spot has opened up. So the whole "breaking it to her" process will probably need to be sped up. Which means it might come up during this visit. Which means I'm bringing a couple of books so I can run away to another room when the arguing commences. Fun stuff.

And I leave in about a week. And I really, really need to pack. But I also really, really want to spend as much time as humanly possible with my friends and boyfriend. Gah. Maybe I should just consume a lot of caffeine... Then I can hang out during the afternoon and evening, and pack during the night and morning, with little to no sleep at all. Hmm... Except caffeine doesn't really keep me awake all that much. Damn it.

Even though I'll miss people, I am very excited about school. I've been waiting for this ever since I got my acceptance letter back in December. Maybe even before that. So all in all, the whole thing is bittersweet. But isn't that true about everything in life?

No comments: