Saturday, August 30, 2003

Registration was today. It was a pretty painful process. One, it was incredibly hot, and we were waiting in line for awhile. Two, once we got into Sharples and started signing up for stuff, it was basically organized chaos. Thank goodness that from now on we register online... They just like to torture the freshman this once for tradition's sake, it seems.

Anyway, here are the classes I'm taking:

English 006F: Narrative and Confession (Tues and Thurs, 2:40-3:55)
Latin 001: Intensive 1st Year Latin (Mon and Fri, 9:30-10:20; Tues and Thurs, 9:00-9:45)
Psych 001: Intro to Psych (Tues and Thurs, 9:55-11:10)
Philosophy 001 02: Classic and Contempary Topics (Mon, Wed, Fri, 10:30-11:20)
Aikido (Mon and Wed, 7:30-8:40 pm)

I didn't get my first choice philosophy class, but everything else worked out pretty well.

After registration I went to the bookstore and got my books... Not having a science or math class rocks, because my books are so much cheaper. So I got those, then decided to head back to the dorm to drop them off. As I left the bookstore, it was thundering. I was hoping that the ran would hold off for at least 15 minutes so I could get back to my room. It didn't. I got drenched. Luckily, my bookbag passed the water-resistance test... Everything in there stayed dry. And my plastic shopping bag filled with books also held up, thankfully. Still, it wasn't a fun walk.

It seems to have stopped raining now. Yay! One walk in a downpour each day is plenty for me.

No comments: