Thursday, August 14, 2003

I'm finally burning the CDs I've been meaning to burn for quite some time. Yay for me getting my butt in gear. Well, sort of in gear. I still have a lot of other things to do. But it's a start, at least.

I randomly ran into a couple of people today, and it made me happy. The coolest one, however, was seeing my old pre-calc teacher as I was walking into Wal-Mart. That's the second time I've run into a teacher at Wal-Mart. It's obviously the place to be in this town. (The sad thing is, that really is pretty close to the truth...)

I started reading God Knows, by Joseph Heller, last night. I'm only on page 32, but I'm already loving it. It's the story of David (as in David and Goliath), but it's Heller, so it's hilariously irreverent and blasphemous. Some really good quotes so far...

"Whether God is dead or not hardly matters, for we would use Him no differently anyway." - David

"If you want to have sense, you can't have a religion." - God

My stomach is growling grumpily. I think I shall go attempt to pacify it with some food.


No comments: