Saturday, August 16, 2003

Back from the trip. Got to see all 3 of my grandparents, as well as one of my aunts. Yay. No major scenes took place. Double yay. I kicked some serious butt in Rummikub. Woohoo. (Thought I was going to say yay, didn't you? Ha!)

So the trip was fine... Still, it was obvious that my grandmother still isn't doing all that well. I should note that it's not a nursing home that she's on the waiting list for: it's an assisted care living center. So it's more independent than the nursing home... But it is affiliated with it. Anyway, the subject was not brought up this visit, but I think once I'm up at school it will be. So... Yeah, I'm glad I won't be here for that.

Went shopping as well. I went into a Journeys shoe store and managed to keep the tradition going (said tradition being that I always seem to get hit on by their employees). This time, though, the guy was like 7 feet tall (seriously, he towered over me), and he wasn't quite hitting on me. I think he was just a damn effective salesman. I asked about a pair of sandals, and he brought them out, along with 3 other pairs of shoes. 2 of the 3 were tennis shoes, and 1 of those 2 was a pair of Converse suede One-stars. I had a pair of them in 5th and 6th grade that I wore until there was literally a hole in the toes. They're damn comfortable shoes. So I was swayed into buying those along with the sandals. And he almost had my mom sold on some socks. It was all rather impressive.

There was also a Sephora at the mall. Despite only being in that store once, I have developed an addiction to it. I don't know... It's just so much less intimidating than normal makeup counters. Last time I bought some lipstick; this time I bought eyeshadow. I've developed a great liking for eyeliner recently, but I don't really have any eyeshadow that looks that great with the grey and black liners I really like. Now I do. I got a Hard Candy eye shadow quartet in Moody, which is a set of "slate metallics". I must resist the urge to do my eyes up all smokey and look goth and depressed and poetic. But it's oh-so-tempting...


No comments: