Tuesday, August 26, 2003

So I'm finally at Swat. Yay, mostly. There have been some minor problems -- my Ethernet cable is too short to stretch all the way to my desk (7 feet sounds much longer than it actually is), so I have to balance my computer on a chair and sit on the floor, which is none too comfortable. And I stubbed my toe about 5 times on said chair while I was moving in.

Nonetheless, I am enjoying it. My roommate is great, my RA is very nice, and all of the people I've met so far (including administrators) are pretty cool. The 13 minute walk from my dorm to campus is not quite as bad as I feared... And the overall coolness of the dorm (large rooms, nice people, an air hockey table, etc) make up for it.

Of course, all of this is based on about 13 hours spent on campus. My perceptions may change as the week progresses and when classes start next week. Until then, though, I'm very happy to be here.

No comments: