Sunday, August 17, 2003

So I tried to access eleventy-one.net just now, and it won't let me. My laptop will let me, but this computer will not. Hmm. So Jonathan, apparently my family's computer just hates you. Sorry. But on the plus side, your site has not been outlawed in Illinois.

Time is ticking down. I still have so much to do. Gah... I wish this was all over and done with. I hate this in-between, not quite done here, haven't started there feeling. It's such a... (damn it, I don't want to use this word, but those 3 weeks at WFC are forcing me)... liminal state. Jesus.

There is, however, one thing that I'm sure of. I will keep in touch with people. Because I miss the friends that drifted away when they went off to school last year. And I'm feeling it all over again right now. That's why I'm paranoid about my empty inbox lately. Because, yeah, I haven't lost all contact with her. And she's the same distance away, and in a week she'll be practically next-door, at least in comparision to now. So why do I feel like she's up and vanished and left me and god knows who else behind? And the instant I let that thought into my head, I get pissed off at myself. I feel like some sort of mother hen who can't let go. I'm used to her telling me things -- not everything, but at least enough that I somehow felt... I don't know, important to her. But that's just stupid, I suppose. Because she said herself that she doesn't want her relationships to be vital to her, that she won't need anyone anymore. And thinking that perhaps I was an exception to that rule in any way, shape, or form was presumptuous and arrogant and naive and above all, just plain dumb.

Yeah. That little rant made me feel a bit better. Forgive the angst, folks, but I'm feeling a wee bit miffed at the moment, and perhaps just a smidge bitter. No big deal. Life goes on, and all that.

Whee.


No comments: