Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Just got a chance to gush about my experience with the Writing for College program. *grin*

Had an interesting night at work, for various reasons:
1) It was freakishly busy for a Tuesday night.
2) Random fun people came by -- my psych teacher and a friend I haven't seen for awhile.
3) Around 10, a woman came to the window and wanted to know where the nearest police station was. She was from out of town, and apparently she had just found a bag in her son's pocket... She thought it was pot, but wanted to be sure. (Yes, she just decided to randomly tell this to complete strangers...)
4) Got into a heated discussion with one of my co-workers about the education system. He's a hard-core Christian, conservative, went to a small private parochial school that got shut down after he graduated... I got a public school education, am not religious by any means, and am pretty liberal. It was a whole lot of fun.

Today is the "estimated shipping date" of my computer. So hopefully it'll get here in the next few days. La!

No comments: