Saturday, April 30, 2005

I just woke up for the second time today. The first time I got brunch, this time I'm up for good. Sleep is a wonderful thing, and I am quite happy.

So, yesterday and earlier today:

The choir concert was good stuff. It made me want to sing with the group again, which is good, since I've signed up for next semester. I was actually still in the program, which amused me.

The inaugural Soul Calibur II drinking game was a success, though we may have to rethink the rules somewhat. We tried to do it in Science Center 101, but then determined that the cords weren't long enough to work very well... So we moved over to 199, and that worked fantastically. We played from about 11:30 to 1:30, I'd say... Me: 4, Kyle: 6, Rob: 8. Most of those were due to perfects - we've determined the game works that way because we're Swatties. But really, 1 for all of us was due to an honor starting shot, 1 for both Kyle and Rob was due to a double KO, and maybe 1 of Kyle's was because of life-draining weapons. All the rest? Perfects. Rob actually got better for awhile, but around the 5th drink he hit his peak. It was rather amusing. Well, I thought a lot was amusing at that point. We had to quit when a very bemused pair of public safety officers came by. We didn't get in trouble, we were just told to leave. Which we did. We dropped the stuff off at Mertz, then went over to Paces for a little bit. All in all, a fun night.

This morning I got brunch when I initially woke up. It was quite nice, and I got to ooh and eye over Sam's Tiger operating system (the new operating system for Macs)... I felt like a massive geek, but really -- the thing is very well designed and has some awesome features. Getting a Mac has made me more of a computer geek, at least in terms of design, since Apple things are just so nicely done.

After brunch I went back to sleep, and now, finally I have emerged to face the world. No work will be done today, but that was the plan all along -- today is a day for rest and destressing before I start attacking the papers.

A little thing:








Your Birthdate: December 7

Born on the 7th day of month gives you a tendency to be something of a perfectionist and makes you more individualistic in many ways.

Your mind is good at deep mental analysis and complicated reasoning.

You are very psychic and sensitive, and you should usually follow your hunches.

You may not take orders too well, so you may want to work alone or in a situation where you can be the boss.

This birthday gives a tendency to be somewhat self-centered and a little stubborn.




And another one:








American Cities That Best Fit You:



60% New York City

60% Philadelphia

55% Chicago

55% Miami

50% Honolulu


No comments: