Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I'm reading Simone de Beauvoir's The Ethics of Ambiguity right now. I'm not very far, but I'm actually understanding it. Part of it may be that she's currently rehashing Sartre, which we've already discussed in class. Part of it is also that she seems to use simpler language, which I am eternally grateful for. But I'm getting it, writing parts of it in my own words in the margins, etc... And it feels really nice to comprehend it, to not just have to stop and blink at the page and start over again.

I think I inadvertently became a feature on a tour today... I was napping in my nook in the science center and I kind of woke up for a bit, and I think there were people walking buy looking at me, kind of shaking their heads laughingly at the crazy sleep-deprived college kid. And then I woke up again later to Jawaad writing "Sweet dreams" on the chalk board over my head. But a nice nap altogether. Yay naps.

No comments: