Monday, April 04, 2005

So. My parents bought a house. It's in Innsbrook, about 45 minutes outside of St. Louis. This, as you have probably already figured out, means that my family will be moving. It's kind of weird, but the house is really cool, so that's nice. But it does mean that I've probably spent my last break in Quincy ever. I may be back to help move stuff, and maybe try to stop by other times, but... By and large, Quincy has officially been consigned to the past.

It's kind of been happening already. I think the last break I referred to going back to Swat as going home, actually. Of course, in two more years that will change too, but I don't really want to think about that yet. The idea of being grown up is kind of weird. Wait, more than kind of weird... It's very weird and a bit scary. I like some aspects of being older, but the notion of a job/career and heading out on my own and all of that is just... intimidating, I guess.

But now is not the time to dwell on that. I'm tired, and I have more Sartre to read before I can let myself go to sleep.

No comments: