Thursday, April 28, 2005

I was just staring out the window, pondering how to best phrase the transition I'm working on, when I locked eyes with a squirrel that was sitting on the window ledge. It scared the crap out of me, because a) I am easily startled and b) it was completely unexpected. Worthy of note, I think, are the following facts: I am on the 2nd floor of McCabe. There are no tall trees near the window I'm sitting by. Through this reasoning, I am lead to believe that the squirrel must have climbed up the walls of the building, which leads to this question: why?

I think I scared him just as much as he scared me -- he scurried off pretty quickly. I guess he may have been looking for a place to hang out -- the sky is getting very grey and cloudy rather quickly, and he seems to be smart enough to want to get out of the possibly imminent rain. Still, a pretty bizarre encounter with the furry little fellow.

I am now on page 6 of the revision process, which means I'm roughly half-way through, with about an hour and a half until dinner. Grar.

No comments: