Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The last playlist of the semester:

Gary Jules - Mad World
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt (Quiet)
# Frou Frou - Let Go (off of the Garden State soundtrack)
Final Fantasy - This is the Dream of Win and Regine
The Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
TV on the Radio - Staring at the Sun
Autolux - Turnstile Blues
Yo La Tengo - Sugarcube
Harvey Danger - Woolly Muffler
Spoon - Reservations
Driver of the Year - Black as Soul
Elf Power - Skeleton
A.C. Newman - The Town Halo
* Bloc Party - This Modern Love
That Dog - Ms. Wrong
# Thievery Corporation - Lebanese Blonde (off of the Garden State soundtrack)
Switchblade Symphony - Dirty Dog
Rainer Maria - Automatic
Sahara Hotnights - The Difference Between Love and Hell
Interpol - Obstacle 2
* The Unicorns - I Was Born (A Unicorn)
Beulah - Silver Lining
* Audible - Sky Signal
Fiona Apple - Window
* Iron and Wine - My Lady’s House
#* The Decemberists - The Engine Driver
# The Shins - Caring is Creepy (off of the Garden State soundtrack)
Radiohead - Talk Show Host (at Scrove’s request)
Weezer - Only in Dreams

This was actually followed by 4 or 5 more songs off the rock department playlist (some new Spoon, Audible, and a few others), since the next DJs overslept during their naps and were late.

Robert came to visit me during the show (and scared me half to death by sneaking up on me), which was cool. The rest of the time was spent getting the computer to work and reading Ovid. (only about 50 pages left!)

I am quite tired. I'm debating the pros and cons of taking a nap now, then working, or just drinking coffee and working until I pass out. It's a tough call.

Oh. I've decided to withdraw my application for the rock director position. It's a decent time commitment, and I really don't know what to expect next semester with RA-dom and creative workshop courses. Also, I like free time. It's a good thing. I shouldn't let it get eaten up as much. I think I'd actually have a chance at the position this time, and that makes me think about whether I really want it. And I don't know. I like reviewing, I like DJing, but I don't know if I want to deal with distributers and actually be in charge. Maybe my senior year, we'll see.

Time for work now. I think I'll just focus on Ovid tonight and deal with revising my essay tomorrow. Whee.

No comments: