Sunday, April 24, 2005

Today was pretty disappointing. I think one of the highlights was making a waffle that came out of the machine easily. That's pretty sad, isn't it?

The Dali exhibit was interesting, but really amazingly crowded. I was tired, had the beginnings of a headache, etc... Add being surrounded by people in a smallish room and you have a formula for disaster. Or at least uncomfortableness and a desire to get out of there as soon as possible. Which is what I did. I made it through the exhibit with an hour to spare. I didn't listen to the audio tour, I didn't ponder each painting at length, I didn't do a lot of things. I looked, I appreciated, I moved on. It was a good exhibit, but going to the Dali Universe in London was a much better experience - some really cool pieces there, and it was also almost empty since we went late in the day. Here there were throngs of people around each piece that had an audio bit, so those paintings and anything nearby were hell to look at, because you couldn't get through, and everything just ground to a halt. Arg.

After we got back I went straight to dinner. While talking to people, I learned that my submissions to Small Craft Warnings were apparently never actually submitted. My email may have eaten them - it's happened to one other email as well. So yeah, no published poems for me. Though it also means no rejection, and since they most likely would have been rejected, perhaps it's for the best.

Then the play, Through the Leaves... It was okay. The actors did a nice job, there was some emotion evoked (mainly I wanted the woman to ditch the guy, since he was a massive jerk), but I wasn't very interested.

And now the headache from hell. It's like acupuncture gone wrong - stabbing pains in my forehead and around my eyes, aching in my temples, and just pain in general. Very not good.

Advil for me, and as much reading as I can handle.

No comments: