Thursday, April 28, 2005

The plan last night was to work, work, work. Then I got distracted by things online, as I often do. But then I resolved to work, work, work. Around 1:30 am I thought sleep would be nice. So I planned to take a nap, wake up around 4 or so. The alarm went off at 4 am. I grumbled, rethought my plan, and set it for 8 am. I slept, and had pretty disturbing dreams that seemed to involve a lot of people dying.

So. I am rested, though still weary, and on page 4 of the 11.5 page revision process. Lesson I have learned: I can't pull an all-nighter or anything close if the paper isn't due the next day. However, as this paper is due tomorrow, along with another paper draft that I need to do, I will be doing my very best to work, work, work today and tonight. Which means that after lunch, I'll probably be holing up in McCabe and working until dinner. Then after dinner I'll either be going back there or coming home, depending on how much work is left. The other day I accomplished a lot while working in McCabe, so hopefully the trend will continue. If I continue to stay focused, I'll try to stay in McCabe as long as needed.

Tonight may be the first (and hopefully only) time I here the closing buzzer at McCabe at 1 am.

No comments: